Tuesday, November 22, 2016

After a Physical

“The doctor went over all the CBC’s and HDL’s and PSA’s and all the other results of my blood work. Then he pulled out a little handheld device and began entering some data. In just a few seconds, he calmly explained to me that I had a 13% chance of having a heart attack. I had just driven through Atlanta and I figured I probably had a 50% chance of getting run over on the interstate so the 13% sounded pretty good to me. He did tell me I could reduce that percent if I exercised regularly.  That night I was watching the Braves game and John Smoltz came up to bat and I noticed he had a .147 batting average. I quickly realized that his chance of getting a hit was about the same as my chance for having a heart attack. Smoltz promptly drilled a hit down the right field line.” RBG

No comments:

Post a Comment